COMPANY WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement (together with the Terms and Conditions of Use of our website "Wendys Wardrobe" and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us ("Data") will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our treatment and use of Data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (as amended) ("Acts"), the data controller is COMPANY with registered number <VAT NUMBER> of <ADDRESS> with registered number <VAT NUMBER> of <ADDRESS>
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- your name;
- your email address;
- the time and date of your visit;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to a service we provide, posting material on our site requesting further services, entering a competition or promotion, requesting information from us and submitting comments. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. When you access our Site, your computers browser provides us with information such as your IP address, browser type, access time and referring URL which is collected and used to compile statistical data on the use of our Site. This information may be used to help us to improve our Site and the services we offer.
HOW TO TURN OFF COOKIES:
Users can set their browsers to accept or reject all, or certain, cookies. Users can also set their browser to prompt them each time a cookie is offered. For information on how to do this for your specific browser please see:
For further information on Cookies please see:http://www.aboutcookies.org/
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your data may be stored and transferred within the European Economic Area ("EEA") or transferred to, and stored in, countries outside the EEA. Those countries may not provide an adequate level of protection in relation to processing your Data. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement and Data Protection Legislation. We are committed to protecting the security of your Data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Data from unauthorized access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We have implemented strict internal guidelines to ensure that your privacy is safeguarded at every level of our organization. We may continue to revise policies and implement additional security features on an ongoing basis. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password and/or username which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping that password and/or username confidential. We ask you not to share your password and/or username with anyone. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Data is at your own risk. Once we receive your Data, we use appropriate security measures to aid in preventing unauthorised access.
HOW WE USE THIS DATA
We use the Data that we hold to:
- ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- administer, develop and improve the Site;
- develop and improve the products, benefits or services that we offer to our registered users and other users of the Site;
- book a test drive with a dealer.
- process any job application that you send us online;
- provide you with information, newsletters and editorial content from us or our selected partners, which you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- contact you regarding surveys and competitions offered by us or our selected partners, which you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- provide you with information on products or services that we or our selected partners offer and which you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (see MARKETING below);
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- notify you about changes to our service.
We may create ourselves, and provide our advertisers with, aggregate statistical information about our users which will not contain any personal information. We may also use such aggregate information to help ourselves reach the kind of audience that we or they want to target.
We may use your Data to provide you with information on goods and services that we offer which you have requested or which we feel may interest you. We may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We may contact you by electronic means (SMS, email, fax, etc) only if you have consented to this by ticking the relevant box on the form on which we collect your Data. We may need to pass on your details to relevant Dealers to fulfill the service you have requested (e.g. test drive) or to provide you with information concerning products and services which you have requested. If you wish to stop the use of your Data for these purposes at any time please contact us (see CONTACT US below).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 155 of the Irish Companies Act 1963, to our service providers, selected third parties or to the authorities. Your use of the Site constitutes your consent to such use, processing and disclosure.
We may also disclose your Data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell, buy or transfer any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Data to the Prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if COMPANY Limited or any of its assets or subsidiaries are acquired by a third party, in which case your Data held by COMPANY Limited may be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use, and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of COMPANY Limited, our Customers, or others.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
You may request in writing copies of your Data held by us as data controller. We will provide you with a copy of the Data held by us as soon as practicable and in any event not more than 40 days after the request in writing and after your identity can be established. There may be a charge to access your Data which will not be more than €6.35. We will also request proof of identification and additional details which may reasonably be required to identify you and to verify your access request. All requests should be sent to the brand / WGIE assigned email address. We endeavor to keep your Data accurate, complete and up to date. If your Data that we hold is inaccurate, please let us know and we will make the necessary amendments, erase or block the relevant Data as you request and notify you within 40 days of your request that the relevant action has been taken. All requests should be addressed to the brand / WGIE assigned email address. We will hold on to your personal Data only for as long as necessary for the purposes of providing access to our Site and related services to you or as required by law.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time in our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use that information and in what circumstances we may disclose it. By continuing to use our Site after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this Privacy Statement as modified.
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this Privacy Statement and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to the COMPANY assigned email address.